and the users of this website to better understand how we may need process their personal data.
Why do we process your Data?
Ricardo Pica – Legal Services processes your data to:
- Comply with a contract, for example, a contract to provide legal services, or a contract with one of our suppliers
- In pursuit of a legitimate interest, in particular to
– Develop and maintain our website
– Provide technical assistance
– Prevent and detect fraud
– Ensure the security of the network and information
– Provide services or information
- Process your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes with your consent, and/or
- Comply, when necessary, with any legal obligations that apply to them
Legal Services collects personal data from users who wish to register on the website to receive news, legal updates and other communications of Legal Services’ activities.
How long do we keep your Data?
Our policy is to keep your data only as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. However, in certain cases, we may keep your data for longer periods, particularly when required by law.
What are your rights?
At any time, you can:
- Ask for access to the information that we hold about you
As the data subject, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not the data relating to you are being processed and, if this is the case, to access your personal data and the information provided for by law
- Ask for the correction of the information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. As the data subject, you have the right to require Legal Services to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data that concern you, without undue delay
- Ask for the erasure of your personal data
As the data subject, you have the right to ask Legal Services to erase your data, without undue delay, when
- The personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected or processed
- You withdrew your consent to the processing of your personal data (in cases in which the processing is based on consent) and there are no other grounds for this processing
- You oppose the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate interests that justify the processing
Users also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Portuguese National Data Protection Commission («Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados») if they consider that their rights over their personal data have been infringed
Security and Confidentiality
We are committed to keeping your data secure, and we use appropriate security measures to ensure your personal data are protected and to prevent access by unauthorised persons.
We regularly analyse our systems and security policies to ensure that your data are secure and protected. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted through our website or applications. Additionally, should you have special security requirements for data you are sending to or receiving from us, please ensure you contact us prior to its transmission.
Protecting your data
The confidentiality of your information is our top priority. Therefore, we do not sell or distribute your data to third parties without your prior consent.
If you have questions regarding your data or need to report a problem please contact us.
Cookies and similar technologies may be used on our website or apps. Cookies are small data files placed on your device when you access our website or log in to our applications. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them. Refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of the website or its features.